Friday, January 9, 2009

Recap Ephesians 2

I think that this logo is an awesome depiction of our lives in Christ. We should be walking down the road, humbly standing at the foot of the cross - daily. Quite a humbling experience isn't it? Hard to stand humbly at times (or most times), for me I think that IS the humbling part!

In Ephesians Chapter 1, Paul outlines the great purposes and plan of God for us culminating in the universal leadership / headship of Christ. Chapter 2 tells us the steps by which God will accomplish his purposes -- beginning with Salvation and the joining / reconciling of Jews and Gentiles to Him, to each other and to his church.

A few things that jumped off the pages at me: (1) the description of my past moral / spiritual condition before I came Christ (2:1-3), displaying my old nature; the great love and mercy that God has shown / shows me through Jesus Christ (2:4-5); and the riches and grace expressed in his ever-loving kindness to me (us) through Christ Jesus (2:6-7).

To think, believe and know that I am raised up with Christ and seated in the heavenly realms is a real mind meld - God is good, all the time!

Join us next week on Tuesday, Jan 13, 6:45pm at the Grind, for Chapter 3.

Stay Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment