Saturday, January 31, 2009

God Rocks!

Well, I just spent the night on the edge at the Edge. What a great worship set tonight. The bass was thumping, the rhythm was right on, the vocals were tight and the opportunity to enter into worshipping Jesus was AWEsome. Thanks to Tyler and the crew for a hot time in worship - they really set the stage for Pastor Ryan to drop some Colossians on us -- for real.

How many times do you actually listen the message being delivered and really let it sink in? If you are like me, I am all over the place during the message. I am constantly connecting information presented to what happened to me during the week, the worship songs that we just sang are dancing in my mind, and then I start flipping through the Bible trying to connect the dots. That is me, most of the time in church. Sometimes I think that I suffer from adult ADD, because it doesn't seem like I can focus.

Tonight, the focus for me was so much more than the fact that I owe everything to Jesus, that his grace is sufficient for me and to me, that I am only complete by the fact that he completes me - from start to finish without my help, that I owe him far more than I could ever repay - even though that is not possible and not asked of me...I know that was quite the run-on sentence, but God has been laying some heavy stuff on me of late.

Some say that I am beating myself up over the fact that I know that God wants more from me. Not just for me to say that I want to be more for him, give more back to him, to serve him and others - he really does want and deserves a far greater response from me than I am giving based on the unmerited favor and grace that he has placed on my life. Yup, I know that it was / is a free gift - I am not trying to boast about, just respond to it. I know that I can't earn anything to get it, it is already done. Maybe it is a call that is driving to the core of who I am, but what I do (for pay) and what he wants from me, do not seem to jive.

I thought I might be having a mid-life crisis, but Pastor Ryan thinks I am having a mid-life Christus - which sounds much more fun, but somehow much more scary too. So to sum all of this up -- worship at the edge, great; message by Pastor Ryan, great; following the lead of Jesus, scary; pray for me, thank you.

Stay Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment