Saturday, January 17, 2009

crashed it and want to light it on fire so it will burn...

Never had this happen to me before...now I have. I went to check my email this morning and found my laptop had performed an automatic update and during the reboot process - sometime in the middle of the night most likely - crashed! So that is me using my universal tool to "fix" it. Sweet shoes, I know!

So as I sit here at about 10pm using my old Sony Vaio, circa 2004, seething from the fact that I cannot find my computer guide to restart my gateway from some other dimension in time (recovery system something or other feature), I am still fired up about The Edge tonight!

Take what we talked about in Ephesians 3 - drop in some Colossians and a great message from Pastor John - and God is really speaking to me about how our lives should reflect that fact that we should be tapping in to how wide & deep & high & long is his love! We, as his church, should be standing tall and reaching out and taking a stand for his purposes. When God looks at us - he is looking down at a part of his body, an arm or a leg or hand or foot, perhaps! What a great illustration John made tonight.

The other thing that has been bothering me of late is the fact that we (all of us) celebrate to extreme, at times, when something great happens to us or when we are watching our favorite sports team. What kind of reaction do you have when your team scores a touchdown, your favorite baseball player gets a game winning hit or the reliever strikes out the side for the save? How much more should we be celebrating every single day that we know that the heavenly host the God of Abraham and Isaac and David and Jesus - has saved us from eternal damnation? Can I get an AMEN or at least a WHAT WHAT? I mean we have already won the lottery.

Staying in the pocket of his presence my friends...

2 comments:

  1. wow, you are my biggest fan! why do you keep leaving your garbage on my blog? go away!

    ReplyDelete