Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Adventures

New adventures and opportunities to create deeper relationships with people and Jesus always intrigue me. I am a man that loves to spend time with his family - no people that I would rather be with than my wife and best friend and my two kids. Some think I am nuts, but I am so blessed and truly enjoy their company so much that I would rather spend time with them than just about anyone else...you may be the same way.


I do also really enjoy spending time with other men that are interested in digging in to their relationship with Jesus. This has provided me a great opportunity to share my life and love of my family and Jesus with a few other guys.

Recently, I turned over the Tuesday night group to Ric McNair (who is doing a fabulous job) so that I could start developing a new discipleship study. God called me to ask just four other brothers to leave that group and come alongside me - thankfully three answered that call and we are meeting 2x per month now. We are working to truly open ourselves up to each other and discover what and how God is calling us to a deeper relationship with Him through His Son Jesus. So far, it has been awesome. We are truly seeking to become disciples of Christ so that we can in-turn assist in the disciple-making process with and for others. Trust me, we are no better than any one else out there, just making a conscious decision to put Christ in the middle of what we do and how we live our lives. Is it easy? no. Do we struggle with sin? yes. Does discussion, prayer, investing time in God's Word and turning away work -- YES!

This coming summer, we hope to break our group of four into two groups and each invite 4 new members into our groups. We want to replicate on a smaller scale so that we can establish more men into being rooted and grounded in Love through the Word of God and a deeper relationship with His Son Jesus. I can't wait...will you pray for us please? And would you do so by name? Rob Johnson, John Gutierrez, Rob Goodlett and Mike Bowers need your prayers - we need you to be warriors for us...
Stay Strong
Gal6:9-10
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment