Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ephesians Chapter 4 Recap

It is so awesome to see God's plan laid out in plain sight for me. I can't tell you how many times that I have read the book of Ephesians, but to study it is a whole "nutha" deal. I used to think the best part of Ephesians was the whole putting on the armor of God aspect. Don't get me wrong that is completely cool, but I am seeing the journey that we must take to get to that point - for the first time.

In Chapter 4, Paul shows us how God made provision for those in the church to live and work together in unity and to grow together into maturity. This is about us -- you and me! We need to grow into maturity together.

Ephesians is more like a journey. A walk through some sort of purification process so that we, as believers in Christ, can be ready to put on the full armor of God. We can't just walk up and put it on -- we must be ready. Are you ready? Sometimes I believe that I am, but if I am honest with myself as well as with those who really know (as God does)me, I am not sure that I am. I do know one thing - I will be obedient.

Get this, Paul helps us out by defining how we can become mature in our walk with Christ. It's really pretty simple, we just need to:
  • stop stealing and work
  • stop our unwholesome talk
  • get rid of our bitterness, rage, anger, slander & every form of malice
  • be kind to one another
  • forgive each other as in Christ, God forgave us

Not that hard now is it?

Later, I've got some work to do!


Stay Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment