Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Recap Chapter 10 or was it?

You know our group is pretty awesome. Each time God brings another brother to our group we are so excited. This week, we were blessed with two first timers - we hope that we didn't scare them off too bad!

The focus of the lesson this week was on Emancipation or more likely freedom in Christ. Most of the time we were focused on what derails us -- hoping to find solutions on how to get back on track....where is that huge crane to put the train cars back on the track? When will it be here? Most importantly is God driving it?

We took a sidebar or should I say - we went sideways talking about some conspiracy theories. We shared a few things from internet theory to biblical revelation. What a great discussion. As some of you know, I love a good conspiracy theory. In fact, I have spent many sleepless nigths on the infoweb hunting down answers, biblical answers, to some of the most entertaining ideas (well to me anyway...).

What am I really looking for? Why do I spend so much time on this stuff? Is this really what God wants from me? Why am I not taking that same passion and applying it to reading and studying the Bible? Well, there it is. I figured out that this was another way that I was avoiding the true source of all knowledge! Theories, conspiracy or not, are just that, but by researching the source of all truth I can know what God has in store for me. And, it is much bigger and better than any conspiracy because ----MY GOD IS BIGGER!

Have a great thanksgiving brothers.

Stay Strong



No comments:

Post a Comment