Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What's in Your Relationship?

Great message by Pastor Ryan this past weekend. Has me thinking a lot about the state of my relationship and those around me. Not just my own, but those of the people I work with and also those of us at Lambs. The reason the message hit home for me, is that I believe strongly in what he said. The three things that are NOT present in unhealthy relationships:
  • GRACE: do you give your wife enough grace? Yeah, you were at work all day, but she was most likely at her own job and then did about 85% around the house and took/takes care of the kids most of the time. How many times have you said thank you? Do you think that all the stuff you see cleaned up, put away and prepared was done by itself?
  • TRUTH: this does not mean being brutally honest in a way that tears someone down. This means are you who you say you are? Are you living a lifestyle of truth or are you just showing outward stuff so that people think you are something that you are not? Who are you? Are you living a Christ-like walk?
  • HUMILITY: do you admit when you make mistakes? do you have a really good picture of yourself? Have you ever taken a step back and seen yourself through someone else's eyes? We need to get over ourselves - we are not that great. Putting our spouse and children before us is what is required to be a loving and caring person, you know the Spiritual Leader of the household -- have you done that lately? or ever?

Strong words, I Know, but sometimes it is these messages that we receive loud and clear that help continue to give us perspective, God's perspective, on how we should be living. I challenge and encourage you to make a change today in one of these areas and discuss it with your spouse. They can really help get us back on track. I know that I need a dose of all three!

Stay Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment